Monday, June 22, 2015

How do you cool off on a hot summer day?

What do you do when it is hot outside?  Nala lays down in my bathtub... Lol!  :)


Well, I'm not laying in the bathtub all day and I am a human!  So I came up with my own budget-friendly idea!

Yep- that's a baby pool with a raft floating in it!

Here's what you need:

1.  Blow up kiddie pool.  I got mine at Walmart for $15.  Make sure it's long- I got the 10 foot long one (I may have over-done it.  I think you would be fine with a 6 or 8 footer!)

2.  A raft.  This was free for me because I already had one.  I have seen rafts at the Dollar Store for a $1.  The one I have was from King Soopers- I got it on sale a few years ago for $15.

3.  Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat.  Let's face it- skin cancer and sun spots are not worth it!  Protect yourself.

4.  A good book!

     I am reading Falling in Love with Close Reading and then for fun I am reading the last book in the Divergent series.

Steps:

1.  Blow up kiddie pool.
This turned out to be the hardest part.  I thought I could use my bike pump, but the nozzles didn't match!  Then I tried to blow it up.  That was just dumb.  So, after a quick drive to my parent's house, I borrowed my dad's camping gear.  I used this cool little device to blow up the pool.  Much easier- but it did take about 30 minutes.



2.  Fill kiddie pool with water.  That took a loooooong time.....



3.  Let pool sit in the sun for a few hours.



4.  Blow up raft.  This took 30 seconds.

5.  Lay on raft in pool.  Read book and RELAX!  :)



I hope you enjoyed this.  If you try it, let me know in the comments below!

:) Nala Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment